There’s nothing like the ahhhhhhhh after a refreshing glass of iced tea. In this drink, mint leaves release a cooling sensation, while passion fruit ice cubes bring a subtle sweetness as they melt.
mortar and pestle (if you don’t have one try these hacks)
ice cube tray
French press or saucepan
5 passion fruit
1 cup water
1 handful mint leaves
2 cups boiling water
Artist: Corinne Bailey Rae
Album: Corinne Bailey Rae
- Cut 5 passion fruits in half and remove the pulp with a spoon.
- Place the pulp in a small bowl and crush the seeds with a pestle to release the juices.
- Add 1 cup water and stir.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cube tray and let freeze overnight.
- Wash the fresh mint leaves, then tear them up and place in a French press. If you don’t have one, use a saucepan and pour the tea through a strainer.
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil and pour it over the mint leaves. Allow to steep for 3-7 minutes, depending on how strong you want your tea.
- Let the tea reach room temperature, then place it into the fridge until it becomes cool, about 1-2 hours.
- Place 4 glasses in the freezer to chill, about 5-10 minutes.
- Fill the glasses with passion fruit ice cubes and pour the chilled tea into the glass.
- If desired, stir in some honey and add a mint sprig or lime for garnish.
Recipe adapted from: