* * *
Snack 1 of 4
Try the World Box Review
Each week I’m featuring snack products from different countries. After eating and reviewing each treat, I’ll create recipes inspired by them! Below are my thoughts and reactions.
EXPECTATION: A cookie or cluster of big chunks of apple, nuts, & dried fruit.
REALITY: A granola cracker.
* * *
Name: Apple Cookies
Brand: The Beginnings
Origin: Lativa (northern Europe)
Varieties: currant cookies, buckthorn cookies, bilberry cookies
Ingredients: apples, shredded coconut, cashews, honey, quinces, raisins, cranberries, cinnamon
Calories: 4 cookies + 130 calories
Replaces: granola, nuts, dried fruits
- fun & creative packaging
- actually tastes like apple
- no funky ingredients
- versatile—crumble on top of yogurt or spread with peanut butter.
- misleading title
- a bit pricy
- bland appearance & color…needs something to spice it up (e.g. herbs, chocolate, BACON)
TASTE & TEXTURE
- apple, coconut, & cinnamon comes through
- starts crunchy, then gets chewy
Recipe: apple oatmeal cookies
Other Products: the beginnings store