* * *
Snack 2 of 4
Try the World Box Review
Each week I’m featuring snack products from different countries. After eating and reviewing each treat, I’ll create recipes inspired by them! Below are my thoughts and reactions.
EXPECTATION: mini mustache cookies that taste like gingerbread.
REALITY: Right on the money! Even better when dunked in hot tea.
* * *
Name: Mini Cookie Stash Cookie Butter Cookies
Brand: Belgian Boys
Varieties: mini stroopwafel, mini pancakes
Ingredients: wheat flour, sugar, vegetable oils, candy sugar syrup, concentrated butter, baking soda, salt, cinnamon
Calories: 1 bag = 130 calories
Replaces: Biscoff cookies
- cute mustache characters on packaging (Skinny & Chubby)
- social media savvy, they even have their own hashtag (#rockthatstash)
- no funky ingredients
- while mini cookies are cute, I’d rather 1 big mustache cookie
- needs some other texture or flavor…like cream
- a little too crunchy, I like my cookies on the softer side
TASTE & TEXTURE
- caramel, ginger, cinnamon, clove, & a bit of molasses
- pretty sweet
- light and crisp
Other Products: Belgian Boys online store